Cyber-attacks have increased in recent years. These attacks have cost millions of dollars to large organizations such as Dell, Facebook, and Google. All IT companies are searching for security professionals due to the increase in cyber threats. These professionals are experts who look for security holes in your system and make it secure.
It isn’t easy to find the right security expert. The expert must have sufficient knowledge in the IT security field and be familiar with various security tools and practices. The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification can be used to identify the most skilled IT security professionals. The new hero certification CASP+ has been gaining popularity since its launch in 2018 – just two years ago.
This article will show you the top CASP courses that you can take online to get your CASP certification on the first try.
What is CASP Certification?
CASP stands for CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner. CompTIA offers this advanced security certification. This certification is for technical professionals who want to stay immersed in technology and own enterprise security, risk management, and architecture rather than strictly managing.
This certification is more technical than CISSP, but it is very similar to CISSP. It has been accredited by ANSI in order to demonstrate compliance with the ISO 17024 Standard. It has also been approved by DoD for Directive 8140/8570.01M.
CASP+ certification is for advanced competency in enterprise security operations, architecture, research, collaboration, risk management and enterprise integration. This certification was created in response to a need in the industry for advanced cybersecurity assessments for organizations that need to be able to use cybersecurity tools and technologies.
This certification is for security professionals who are very senior and not for beginners. As an example, let’s say you are a Chief security officer (CSO), a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), or a Senior Enterprise Safety Architect within an organization. It is your responsibility to ensure that everything is secure. CASP+ certification may be appropriate for you in this case.
Best CASP Certification Courses
Jason Dion’s CASP+ (CAS004) Complete Course and Full-Length Practice Exam is the most popular course on Udemy. This course has received 4.7 ratings from 1780+ students. Jason Dion, a former college professor, is the instructor at Dion Training Solutions. This course costs only 45$. This course will help you pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS-004) exam on your first attempt. It also includes a full-length practice test!
This course covers everything you need to prepare for the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner exam (CASP+). (CAS-004) exam. It includes a PDF Study Guide (PDF), quizzes that will test your knowledge, and a practice exam. This course was created by an expert in cybersecurity and information technology. It is fun to learn the basics of cybersecurity to pass the CompTIA Advanced Security practitioner (CASP+/CAS-004) exam.
These are the topics that you will be learning in this course:
- Pass the CompTIA Advanced Safety Practitioner+ (CASP+) certification exam (CAS-004)
- Understanding security architecture and operation concepts, techniques, requirements
- Interpret trending data and indicators to help you understand risk analysis
- Choose the appropriate cyber security measures to respond to a particular threat or scenario.
Below are the prerequisites for this course:
- A solid knowledge of networks and security is essential
This course contains:
- Video on demand for 31.5 hours
- 1 article
- 2 downloadable resources
- 1 practice test
- Access for life
- Access via TV and mobile
- Certificate of completion
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+ Examination CAS-003) is a preparatory course for the exam CAS-013. This course has received 4.4 ratings from 4920+ students. It costs only 45$. This course provides the technical knowledge and skills necessary to design, engineer, and conceptualize secure solutions in complex enterprise environments. This course requires critical thinking and judgment across many security disciplines in order to develop and implement solutions that meet enterprise requirements while managing risk.
These are the topics you will be learning in this course:
- Students will be able to pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner exam (CASP) after completing the course.
- Competence in enterprise security, risk management, research and analysis, and integration of communications, computing, and business disciplines.
- This exam tests your technical knowledge and skills to design and implement secure solutions in complex enterprise environments. This exam requires critical thinking and judgment.
This course does not require any prerequisites. However, CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience is required for the CASP certification and has a technical hands-on focus at the enterprise level. It is recommended that students have at least ten years’ experience in IT administration. This includes five years of practical security experience.
This course contains:
- Video on demand for 12 hours
- 6 downloadable resources
- Access for life
- Access via TV and mobile
- Certificate of completion
CertMaster Learn is interactive, self-paced and interactive. It combines instructional lessons, assessments, videos and performance-based questions to help you prepare and pass your IT certification exam.
CertMaster Learn for the CASP+ includes:
- 100% coverage of exam objectives that are focused on job roles
- 20 lessons featuring interactive Performance-Based Questions
- 263 questions for practice with instant feedback
- The final assessment is 90 questions long and simulates the actual test experience
Below are CertMaster Learn exclusive features that will help you master the material and pass your exam:
- Narrative instruction, images and videos to keep you interested.
- You can track your progress with personalized dashboards, flashcards, and achievement badges.
- Practice questions and PBQs show you what you know and what you need to review.
- Keep up with the countdown calendar
CertMaster Learning covers below objectives of the CompTIA CASP+ exam:
Increased coverage for security analysis in hybrid networks to achieve enterprise-wide zero trust security architecture.
Increased focus on the use of newer techniques to address advanced threat management, vulnerability management and risk mitigation.
Governance, risk, and compliance
This module has been expanded to allow for advanced techniques to demonstrate an organization’s cybersecurity resilience metric as well as compliance with regulations such as CMMC, PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, FISMA, NIST, and CCPA.
Security Engineering and Cryptography
This course has been expanded to include advanced cybersecurity configurations that can be used for enterprise mobility, cloud/hybrid environments and enterprise-wide cryptographic and PKI solutions.
The CompTIA CertMaster Standalone Course Price is 659$. CertMaster Learn license lasts for 12 months. They can be used on either a web browser or desktop. An internet connection is required.
Cybrary offers the CompTIA CASP+ course (CAS-004). This course is designed for advanced level students and contains video content lasting 8 hours 20 minutes. This course is taught by Todd Dixon. He is the CEO and President of Iron Comet Consulting, Inc., an Atlanta-based managed service provider.
This course will teach you how to design, engineer, integrate and implement security solutions. This course will prepare you to work in complex environments and with a vendor-neutral format. This allows you to support resilient enterprises while taking into account compliance, governance, risk and risk. You will learn about risk management, vulnerability management, organizational policies, training, applied cryptography and network security. This course is compatible with the CompTIA CASP certification exam. The course covers objective coverage. This course is especially beneficial if you plan to take the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS-004) exam.
No prerequisites are required to enroll in this online training course. We recommend you have at most 5 years of experience in enterprise security. CASP+ certification is often pursued after CompTIA Security+ certification, but this is not a requirement.
CompTIA offers advanced security professionals certification. This is not just for professionals but also for managers. This course teaches you how to implement cyber security policies and frameworks in your organization. This course is intended for Security Engineers and Architects, Application Security Engineers, Technical Lead Analysts and Application Security Engineers.
Here are some highlights from the course:
- 40 hours of instructor-led training
- Model for blended learning
- Expert Trainers
- CompTIA Authorized Training Partner
- At an affordable price, get certified
Register for CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+), a 5-day course by Koenig Solutions, which is accredited by CompTIA. This course will teach you how to implement cybersecurity policies and frameworks, assess enterprise cyber readiness, and create and implement the right solutions to make your organization ready for any attack. CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification was approved by the International Organization for Standardization and the American National Standards Institute.
This course supports a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification. It also meets DoD 8570 training requirements. CompTIA CASP+ training for IT professionals is designed for those who are experienced and want to gain a deeper understanding of the concepts, engineering, integration, implementation, and security of complex enterprise environments.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Choose from a variety of shared, distributed, and virtualized computing options
- Discuss the security implications associated with enterprise storage
- Securely integrate hosts, networks, infrastructures and applications into comprehensive solutions
- Explain the importance and benefits of application security
- Perform security activities throughout the technology lifecycle
- Perform relevant analysis in order to secure the enterprise
- Securely integrate and implement solutions across complex environments in order to support resilient enterprises
- To support security operations within an enterprise environment, you can use automation, monitoring, detection, and incident response to automate
- Security practices for cloud, mobile, endpoint, and on-premises infrastructure should be applied. Cryptographic technologies and techniques should also be considered
- Take into account the effects of compliance, governance and risk requirements across the enterprise.
These are the top CASP certification courses you should take in order to get your CASP certification on the first attempt. These courses will prepare you for the CASP exam with ease. You can choose from any of these courses to prepare for the CASP certification.